Using my modified Buddistick Pro and the Icom AH-705 tuner I now have a portable 40m setup. Adding a 32 inch arm bellow the coil in addition to the two 12 inch arms that come with the antenna and replacing the standard whip with a long telescopic whip greatly improves the bandwidth and SWR on… Continue reading AH-705
This has been on my project list for some time but I needed to wait until I had most of my switches and the coax jumpers needed. I wanted to mount my coax switches on a board that was not attached to the wall so that it can be removed later without leaving holes in… Continue reading Coax Switches
Activated Millerton Lake State Recreation Area this afternoon on 20m, 10m, then 15m. Ended up doing all FT8 contacts as working stations on sideband with 10w on a Friday afternoon was going to be difficult.
Activated K-0046 Kings Canyon National Park for Parks on the Air. I setup my Buddistick for 20m and was operating my IC-705 with external power for 10w of output. I started with sideband then I moved onto FT8 using the SDR-Mobile app on my phone Wi-Fi connected to the radio. This was a test of… Continue reading K-0046
Installed an A-99 this morning for 10 meters.
Got up early this morning and installed my 6m HO Loop. This antenna has been off the air for more then 10 years; it is good to have it back up on a mast. This is the first antenna I can transmit on with my IC-7300. The next antenna will be a 10m vertical antenna.
Installed the Leo Bodnar Reference Injection Board in my IC-9700. This setup uses a GPS antenna I installed in my attic to inject a 49.152Mhz signal into the local oscillator of the radio and keep it locked. This keeps the radio from drifting due to temperature changes and keeps it on frequency.
Took some ham sticks and the IC-7300 to the beach for some portable operations.
Tested running the IC-7300 portable from the backyard today and ended up working 3 POTA stations on 20m. Using 40m, 20m & 10m hamstick dipoles as a portable antenna setup until I can get something better.
Purchased this a few weeks ago and I was able to get it up on the roof this afternoon. This install included another run of LMR-400 with N connectors and an Alpha Delta 4 position switch. I am now moving onto antenna projects for the IC-7300.